Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion x360: No Audio Output Device is installed

HP Pavillion x360 m1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday my computer restarted due to a blue error message. Once the computer restarted my audio was working fine, and then it cut off. I shut the laptop down and left it over night. Today it has a red X over the audio symbol and it says "No Audio Output Device is installed"

I have tried:

troubleshooting

Restarting

Uninstalling the speaker driver, restarting, and reinstalling it

Disableing the speaker, restarting, enabling it

I am very upset because the laptop isn't even a year old!

I can't even use headphones to listen to audio on my laptop.

Model: m1-u0001dx

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
44682 44417 3335 13985
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have a 1 year warranty. Start here to create a support request for service:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-m1-u000-x360-Convertible-PC/10862146/mod...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
FedUp23 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got the same exact message on my Envy starting today. Previously, I was getting messages that said some component of some software I can't find on my computer was "missing" ... tried to find it, couldn't find anything online anywhere. "No Audio Output Device is installed" ... yeah, well it was playing sound on SOMETHING before now. And I checked for HP updates ... none available ... 

Tried to use HP Support's chat service ... that was laughable and a complete waste of time. The "chat box" was about 3/4" x 3/4" ... nothing the CS rep typed was readable. I used all caps trying to see what I was writing, but it was just impossible to see the rep's messages. Seriously? Amazon and nearly every other online retailer can provide a CS chat box ... not NOT HP!??!

This mess is going back to COSTCO.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation