Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
StanJarensky Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProBook 6555b Audio Problems

ProBook 6555b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP ProBook 6555b running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit and I cannot, for the life of me, get tthe audio to work. I've updated the BIOS to the latest version, I've tried updating the Firmware, I've tried downloading the drivers, but still nothing works. When going into Playback devices, the only device is Digital Audio (HDMI). When trying to download and install the IDT drivers from the HP driver website, the installation fails while saying that there is no compatible IDT hardware found. I've tried uninstalling the driver for the audio via the Device Manager but it always reinstalls as "High Definition Audio Device." I've tried installing several ATI video drivers that apparently come with audio drivers and none work. Also plugging in headphones and plugging the notebook into a dock has NO effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
49225 9756 16615
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProBook 6555b Audio Problems

Hi,

The only suggestion I have at the moment would be to check that 'Internal speakers' and 'Audio Device' are enabled in the bios - these options should be under System Configuration....Built-in Device Options.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation