Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 430 G2 has an issue lately - can't make a sound. 2 days ago I noticed when it started that there was no audio - river was fine, volume was fine. Tried all the things I could find on the HP website and I finally made it work again (also did the bios audio test - it worked fine). next day - in the morning again no sound.

Tried all night to fix it - nothing works updated everything, and it seems that even the bios test is failing now (error id 637BV0-7T68G9-XD7WMF-21F103). Anyone has any idea? can i fix it (and what s the issue) or do i ned to take to service?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Bogdan,

If the BIOS test is failing, then it is better to send it for servicing/repair. 

Thank you so much for choosing HP

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
HP Recommended

Not an option at this time since I need it daily for my PhD - I also work. 

What could be the problem - don't think it's hardware - when I close the lid it switches to the speaker so I can hear the sound for 1 or two seconds - but only then. 

could it be related to something else- it also won't go to sleep anymore.

HP Recommended

Please try this steps. 

1. While starting the computer, repeatedly tap F10 to open the BIOS.
  2. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
  3. Select built in device.
  4. Check the Audio box.
  5. Save the changes and exit.

Let me know , if this helped you. 

Cheers,

Ashok ... HP..always working
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.