Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 10 (1,327 Views)

HP SPECTRE X360 SOUND PROBLEM

Product Name: hp spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently after getting windows update my spectre x360 is facing a issue of sound. There is no sound and the volume button of taskbar shows a red cross signal and saying no audio device or headphone is plugged in. After installed the driver sp70653.exe yesterday, the problem was gone. But today after installing windows update (synaptics-pointing drawing), I am facing the sound problem again. This time I tried that driver again but problem is not solved. So what can I do now?

Provost
Message 2 of 10 (1,321 Views)

Re: HP SPECTRE X360 SOUND PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you post back with the following details.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  Hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers - what devices are listed here?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider

Student
Message 3 of 10 (1,260 Views)

Hello,

I am not the original poster, but I have the same problem. When I open device manager, I see Conexant ISST Audio. The driver is updated. When I pull up sound (playback), it shows that I have no drivers installed, despite them all being activated and the tab checked to show deactivated and disconnected drivers. 

I have a Windows 10 HP Spectre X360 Convertible, product number N5S07UA#ABA

The x on the sound shows that there is no audio device connected. Nothing happens when I plug in something through the audio jack or hdmi. Also, if I deactivate and then reactivate the drivers nothing happens. I tried deleting and then reinstalling the conexant ISST and nothing changed. Lastly, I ran the troubleshooting from the sound options on the bar and it came up only saying that I had no audio device connected. I am at a loss, I am afraid.

Hope you can help,

Thanks

Top Student
Message 4 of 10 (1,228 Views)

At first I want to thank HP for their quick response. After submitting my problem in this forum I received a push message through hp support assistant regarding Conexant ISST Audio driver update. After installing that my problem has been solved. It is really commendable. Thanks again.

Student
Message 5 of 10 (917 Views)

I have the same exact problem on the same spectre x360.. I can't even install the conexant HD driver which is in the important uploads because I think the system can't see the audio hardware..  can u send me the same drivers please? thanks

Honor Student
Message 6 of 10 (511 Views)

I am facing the same issue and no driver updates have helped. Can HP please help with this? My job requires that I login to video conferences often and this noise is very irritating.

Appreciate your immediate assistance.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 10 (490 Views)

Hi @arblak

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having sound issues on your computer.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to update the bios and the chipset drivers. You can download the drivers from the below link.

http://hp.care/2bTtX1D

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 8 of 10 (443 Views)

Thank you very much for the quick response and solution. My bios is upto date, but I upgraded the chipset and have not encountered the issue so far. I have tested most of the applications that used to cause the problem before. I will repost if the issue recurs. Thank you very much!

Student
Message 9 of 10 (133 Views)

Hi, I am also not the original poster, but I have the same problem.

I have a HP Spectre X360. Serial Number 5CD6353CP6 Production number: X0M89EA#UUW.

Could HP also please send me a push notification with the new Conexant ISST Audio driver update?

thanks!

Honor Student
Message 10 of 10 (128 Views)

It's been a couple of months since I applied the driver update. I have re-encountered the issue, especially while watching youtube videos. Do I need to manually update the driver or is there another fix I should apply?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation