Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,

Today I started having an issue with the left speaker of my laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx ). The audio was crackling with static noises as audio plays normally. I rebooted the laptop. No change.

Then I upgraded the realtek audio drivers to the latest version (release Dec. 2018). I now have a new audio issue. When playing music or a video, the audio would drop momentarilly for about 2 seconds, then continue playing, then drop again... etc.

I suspect this is a software issue. Please provide any assistance possible.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hwnyc

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: 

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. 

For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here 

• Perform a hard reset 

• Reset BIOS to defaults 

• Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) 

• Update the BIOS 

• Reset your computer 

• Perform an HP System Recovery

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an update. I installed older realtek drivers from 2017 and the speakers are working like normal. I wish to issue a complaint to HP that newer realtek audio drivers are having a negative effect on HP's flagship line of laptops. This is disappointing as laptops of HP's flagship line of spectres are expensive. There is a reasonable expectation that they should work better with updates rather than worsening.

HP Recommended

@hwnyc

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern. I'm escalating this case to the concerned team. Please check the private message I've sent you.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need help finding the serial number of my hp tilt pen. Please PM me as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.