Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360
Ubuntu LTS

Audio functions with Bluetooth, but the internal speaker system does not function.  Dual boot with all updates current within Windows 10 and Kubuntu 20.04 LTS.
I purchased two of these computers.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have similar problems with audio with spectre and linux, linux people are working on this.

HP doesn't care, they say they only support windows, it's up to you to resolve the problem. I consider this behavior not to live up to hp's reputation

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

(ALL of Linux works perfectly except for the internal audio)

For so many years, HP has supported their printers so very well with HPLIP and it's GUI.  I am certain that HP has a Linux support group if for nothing more than their printers.  This past wonderful support for Linux HP printing is why I spent $4000 for two HP Spectre Laptops.  I wished also to buy from HP, a US company, rather than Lenovo.  I hope some of HP's Linux support team will read these comments and assist those faithful HP laptop Linux users.

I travel much for business and depend upon automount sshfs mounted secure file systems.   I realize so many use Windows typically for casual use and business.   But if doing serious business with the need for greatest security and seamless working file systems, Linux can't be replaced.

HP, PLEASE give Linux support to those of us that faithfully support your company through the purchase of your products!

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.