Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dindon
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0011tx, two speaker beside the hinge not working

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0011tx, two speaker beside the hinge not working, the other two on the bottom are fine. I found this problem when using windows 10 1909 and Bios F.32. And when I running UEFI test I can't hear them too.

Things I have done trying to fix the problem:

1. Reinstall audio drivers, have tried all the drives (from 1803 to 1909) in HP driver page, no use.

2. Upgrade Bios from F.32 to F.40. I searched this community and find some spectre users have similar issue like me and solve by upgrade bios to F.40. But for me it didn't work.

3. Reset Bios, didn't workout.

4. Reset the laptop using HP Cloud Recovery. My laptop was reset to windows 10 1903, the problem still exists, no change after I upgraded it to 1909.

I don't think it's the speaker's problem because:

1.This laptop never sustain any accidents, it's a brand new computer when I got it. Unless it came out with this issue.

2.I remember there's a time when this laptop sounds louder. Before I think above 16% was loud enough, but now I need to adjust it to above 24%-28%. I can't tell when I found the speakers were not that loud but I'm sure it's before I realized there are two speakers not working.

I'm currently working in a rural area, can't find any store to check my laptop. So, any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dindon
Author
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today I update the hp pc hardware diagnostic uefi to 7.6.0.0 and BIOS to F.41, then listen very carefully, and I am sure they are working and this problem has been solved. These two speakers are above F1 and PG UP, and there are not as loud as the other two at the bottom (not sure if this is normal), it is better to fold the laptop to tablet mode to hear them clear. Speaking of this, I now not sure if I really have speaker issue before because I never check the speakers so carefully like today. But I am glad that all of them are singing now. XD

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,445 1,436 1,739
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dindon

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Dindon
Author
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today I update the hp pc hardware diagnostic uefi to 7.6.0.0 and BIOS to F.41, then listen very carefully, and I am sure they are working and this problem has been solved. These two speakers are above F1 and PG UP, and there are not as loud as the other two at the bottom (not sure if this is normal), it is better to fold the laptop to tablet mode to hear them clear. Speaking of this, I now not sure if I really have speaker issue before because I never check the speakers so carefully like today. But I am glad that all of them are singing now. XD

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation