Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to the community!

Well, this is not really a question, but just something I wanted to share with everyone.

I have a ZBook 15 G2 on which I noticed, at some point in time, that the "Microphone Mute" (fn + f8) and the "Speaker Mute" (on the top-right corner of the topcase), didn't light up in orange anymore when activated, while remaining fully functional.

None of the solutions I saw online did the trick (reset BIOS settings to factory defaults, reinstall latest drivers either manually or automatically, ...).

I noticed however, that reinstalling previous drivers 6.0.1.7564 Rev.A (sp72470) solved the issue completely! On the other hand, it looked like the newest (and recommended) drivers 6.0.8882 Rev.A (sp101847) were actually the ones triggering the issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled each one a couple times to make sure there was really a pattern and it was confirmed: the newest drivers, while retaining full functionality, are indeed disabling the orange lighting in the mute buttons.

As I saw several other people having this issue as well (on this community as well as other online forums), I decided to post my findings here... In case someone still cares about these previous-generation laptops 😁 (I do!)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

We're glad you managed to solve your problem 😉

Thank you for sharing how you solved it. This way, you will be helping other users that have the same question.

Thanks,

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, MarcusC!

Just a small update for the record, the next most recent (as of today) Realtek HD Audio Driver from HP, 6.0.1.8287 Rev.A (sp82532) is also working perfectly fine (orange led included).

(I might also add that in Ubuntu 21.04, everything works right out of the box 😉)

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.