Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
06-18-2020 10:12 PM
Product: Envy x360 13
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I use the Camera app to record a video, it makes a clicking sound. When I playback the video, I hear a loud noise caused most likely by the video record button click. How can this issue be fixed?
1 REPLY 1
06-22-2020 05:51 PM
@mbhawmik What kind of sound is that? Also, in the meantime, let's try these steps here:
Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -
1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -
1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
5) Download and install the audio driver from this link.
Alternatively, I would suggest you can update the Bios on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant.
You can update other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.
Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.
Step 3. Disable sound effects:-
- Go to Control Panel > Sound
- Go to Speakers > Properties > Enhancements
- Disable All Sound Enhancements > hit Apply.
Step 4. Change audio format : -
- Open Control Panel > go to Sound
- Navigate to Playback > Speakers
- Go to Advanced > Default Format > change the format
- Save your settings.
Note: You need to change the audio format for every multimedia app and hardware installed.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community