Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15m-cn0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop has been giving me some sound issues for quite some time. It's already out of the warranty period so I can't get any help from HP... 

Anyways, my issue is there are times where I wake up my laptop (or lift the screen) and if my sound is on, a static noise or crackling sound is occurring. If I'm playing music or a video the static noise is still there. It's a loud static noise as well depending on volume level.

The driver is up to date. I've already installed HP's audio drivers and the audio issue still occurs.  Windows is also up to date. 

I'm well aware there's others that have speaker issues, but I can never find the right solution. any help is greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kambo_one 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
               https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100428.exe

Try the new one first otherwise use the older one
               https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96155.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here's an update after about a week and a half. I followed the steps. the issue did go away, but I just came back. Now my sound has actually gotten worse. The sound does not work. I connect it to my external speakers via aux cable and it does not work, however when connected via bluetooth, the sound works perfectly fine. I still get a crackling loud static noise when turning on my laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.