Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this HP ENVY x360 and the headphones do not work for applications but do work for the internet and the sound device test. I require the use of my headphones for work so the built in speakers are unacceptable for my needs. I have read other posts reporting no sound from headphones at all and my issue is that the headphones work for some applications but not for others. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @fritzstriker

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the microphone issue.

Please try these steps to control which Microsoft Store apps can use the microphone - 

1.) Go to Start  > Settings  > Privacy  > Microphone.

2.) Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your microphone.

3.) Under Choose which apps can access your microphone, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you read English?

The title of the post says "headphones". This has NOTHING to do with the microphone.

Please address my original concern about MY HEADPHONES NOT WORKING FOR SOME APPS WHILE WORKING JUST FINE FOR INTERNET AND HEADPHONE TESTING.

HEADPHONES. Not microphones.

HP Recommended

@fritzstriker

Please try these steps - 

● Right click on the volume icon in the taskbar. 
● Click on "Open Sound settings".
● Under Input, select "Headphones".

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That didn't work either.

I am not concerned with input.

I need the output for the Bose AE2 Soundlink headphones to function when using Adobe Premiere Pro. I edit using headphones and need them to function for Premiere, which they currently do not. The headphones function when listening to audio from the internet ONLY, but not for any other applications. All audio test show the headphones to be working yet there is no sound when using Premiere.

Please advise.

HP Recommended

@fritzstriker

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.