Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Sm94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

Gaming Notebook 15-ak002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop doesn't register headphones frequently- occasionally 'unplugs' randomly, or if they're moved/knocked a little. I've tried updating the audio drivers and using different headphones and that's not helped at all.

I figure it's probably a hardware issue and I need to send it off to be fixed, but I'd rather avoid having to do that if I could. 

6 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

Hi @Sm94,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

In your post, you had said that currently your HP 15-ak002na and issues with Headphones coming out of the connection. What type of headphones are you using?

Please let me know.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Sm94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

I'm using a set of Sennheiser CX150s. I've tried with a pair of Apple ones and had the same issue.

It seems to work properly when being pushed and held in, but loses connection as soon as I let go.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

Hi @Sm94,

If you need to hold it in, that means they are not for a Notebook as it should fit securely. 

Here is a link that shows the difference from a third party site Quora.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Sm94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

They have a TRS jack, surely they're all identical dimensions? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

Hey @Sm94,

Not all are and if it keeps falling out that tells me it is different and looks like they are phone headphones.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Sm94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Jack Issue

They're not 'falling out' as such, it's just that they're not registering. The problem is unique to this laptop, it's never happened with any other computer I've used them with. I've also tried them with the aux lead from my sound system and a friend's set of higher end Sennheisers and had the same issue with both.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation