Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Confirmation Request: Might "good quality 2-channel splitter cable" refer to (a) the part of the stereo-in-stereo-out audio path depicted by the Topking image or to (b) a different part of the audio path?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

It refers to "the part of the stereo-in-stereo-out audio path depicted by the Topking image".

Keep us posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307: I am grateful for the information that I have received thus far.

Moving forward, I understand that I have obtained (a) the KingTop device pictured, (b) a 3.5mm male TRS-to-3.5mm male TRS cable, and (c) a 3.5mm male TRS-to-dual 1/4" male TS cable.

To test the TopKing cable, I inserted (a) the TopKing cable into a Chromebook headphone port, (b) one end of the 3.5mm male-male TRS cable into a cellphone's headphone jack, (c) the other end of the 3.5mm male-male TRS cable into the TopKing "input" connector (mic symbol), (d) the 3.5mm end of the 3.5mm male TRS-to-dual 1/4" male TS cable into the TopKing "output" connector (headphone symbol), (e) the dual 1/4" male TS cable connectors into line-in jacks on an external audio mixer, and (f) headphones into the external audio mixer's headphone jack.

Brief Summary:

Initially, the resulting "KingTop System" seemed to work in very few ways, and similarly on both a 14-ca021nr and 15-de0010nr Chromebook. However, at some point thereafter, the KingTop system did seem to work similarly in most ways on both Chromebooks.

At some point thereafter, I responded to a "System Update Available" notification on the 15-de0010nr by downloading the update and restarting the 15-de0010nr. Afterward, the "KingTop System" seemed to then revert to working in very few ways on the 15-de0010nr.

Issue A: Headphone Port Input Device Not Displayed in Audio Settings

When the "KingTop System" is inserted in the headphone port of either Chromebook, the Audio Settings window (Shelf > System Tray > Notifications Window > Headphone Icon) does not seem to display the additional input device.

If I recall correctly, for both Chromebooks, at some point, an additional input device entry (labeled "Mic jack" on at least the 15-de0010nr) did seem to be displayed when the "KingTop System" was inserted into the headphone port. Currently, however, with both Chromebooks, when the "KingTop System" is inserted into the headphone port, the Audio Settings window seems to display no input device other than the internal mic.

The "KingTop System" seems reasonably suggested to not be at fault. When the "KingTop System" is plugged into the 14-ca021nr's headphone port, the "KingTop System" seems to produce audio in the headphones that are plugged into the external audio mixer. This seems to suggest that the "KingTop System" is sufficiently functional for the 14-ca021nr to receive input from and generate output to the "KingTop System", and that the Chromebooks' Audio Settings windows are not displaying the input.

Might you be aware of an HP Chromebook solution?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

I understand your concerns.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-chromebook-14-ca000/19391014/model/21138497/document/c066385...

If the issue, still persists, you have to perform the reset.

Factory reset your Chromebook

1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
  2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
  5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
    Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
  6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Praveen196: Thank you for responding.

At this point, both the 14-ca021nr and 15-de0010nr Audio Settings windows seem to add new "Mic jack" input and "Headphone" output entries when the TopKing headphone port breakout cable is inserted into the headphone port, whether or not any audio device is connected to the TopKing breakout cable input and output connectors. However, the resulting Audio Settings windows do not seem to offer visible signal strength controls for the input devices. Might you be aware of an HP Chromebook solution?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes headphone port of the 14-ca021nr can effect outputs simultaneously

HP Recommended

Kumar0307:

I am grateful for the insight.

I seem to have navigated to the HP Customer Support - Service Center Locator. Two text prompts, "City, address or postal code" and "Radius", seem accompanied by text entry UI objects. However, a third data field, "Supported products:", seems unaccompanied by a data entry UI object. All three text prompts seem accompanied by red asterisks, which seem to indicate that the data is required. After entering postal code information and a numeric value in their respective fields, the apparent "Search" button's background color seems to be gray, and clicking it does not seem to invoke any action.

Might you be aware of a solution?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

I have sent you a private message with additional details to contact the HP Technical Support team. Kindly check the same.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307: I have responded to the private message and look forward to your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.