Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone Socket Not Working

Pavillion Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried using headphones for the first time today on my HP Pavillion 15 laptop with Windows 10 64, and when I plug them in the sound continues to come out of the speakers but not from the headphones. Any ideas iof this is a driver-type issue or hardware? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12988 12924 1690 4372
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Set your headphone as default recording and playback device:
https://www.howtogeek.com/271285/how-to-change-your-audio-playback-and-recording-devices-on-windows/

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
rolfrae Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. This did not work. When I click on the sound icon it only shows the speakers. If I right click I can see a headphones option but sort of greyed out (see screenshot). Headphones are plugged in at this point, and I have tried several sets of headphones. If I click on properties the headphones option is enabled. Perhaps this is a hardware issue?

Playback.JPG

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12988 12924 1690 4372
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reinstall audio driver from your HP support page

Seems like hardware issue related to microphone audio jack.

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation