Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Loft62 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone jack not working

Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just tried my headphone jack for the first time and the sound does not come through them. They still come out of speakers despte the headphone being plugged in. I have tried the headphones on other devices and they work fine.

Looking on YouTube I have updated the drivers  and then put my headphones in the headphone socket, and checked the Sound driver (Realtek HD Audio) on the "Playback devices" tab -  it shows a headphone icon with a red down arrow next to it with a description "Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output" and "Not Plugged In".

How do I get this socket to "plug in"  ? Or is this a hardware problem ?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Loft62,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the headphone jack. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Loft62 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop details are:

Model: 13-s052na

[Personal information removed]

P/N: M1M19EA#ABU

Warranty: 1y1y0y

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Loft62 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not had a reply to this problem. Can anyone from HP help ME ?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Loft62,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delay, Your post was not coming through to me.

I know you have done some of what about to ask you to do, but sometimes it is the order that makes the differents. Please follow the step in order from No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10).

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Loft62 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No - none of this worked.

Note that my speakers are perfect - it is the headphones which are the problem.

When I ran the component test for headphone, it repeatedly asked for the jack to be connected despite the fact that the headponhes were connected. I tried a number of headphones ad earphones with the same result.

I am beginning to think this is a hardware fault with the headphone jack.

Any other ideas or should I take it to my supplier whilst it is still in warranty ???

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Loft62,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation