NeilRaptor Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Headphone not detected on HP Envy x360

HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY headphones have stopped working. When I go through Windows setting, I see that the headphone jack is not recognized at all. I have tried updating driver for the sound card (RealTek). However it does not help. The laptop speakers are working fine. Earlier when the headphone is inserted the laptop speakers would be cut off. Now the sound cotinues uninterrupted when the headphones are inserted. Please help

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 325
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Headphone not detected on HP Envy x360

Hi @NeilRaptor,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the plug-in headphones stopped playing sound.

Please review the document below for troubleshooting. I know it is for Windows 8, but it is similar for Windows 10.

HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8)

Also, you can refer to this link for troubleshooting: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Let me know if these help. If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!  :) 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation