2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone tip broken and stuck in Audio Jack 3.5mm

Pavillion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey guys,
So I was working on my HP Pavillion notebook and I accidentally tangled my earphone around my neck and broke them, leaving the headphone 3.5mm tip in the audio jack.  
      I tried everything to remove it, I soldered the end of the broken piece back onto it and tried to pull it out but couldn't, I tried super glue, and glue gun but everything failed. I even contacted and reached out the service centre in my city but they said they will charge me for the whole board coz they won't fix it and instead they will replace it (even though my laptop was only 2 months old). 

I have given up on getting rid of the broken piece and want any of you guys to help me changing my driver. I tried to uninstall the audio jack from device manager and enabled the speakers but it still won't work :(
I tried several ways to contact HP support but they are out of reach and won't have a similar issue on its forums and guides. if you guys could help me out, that would be amazing.

Thank you!.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13510 1268 3008
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone tip broken and stuck in Audio Jack 3.5mm

HPsucks000

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

HP will charge you to replace the motherboard because those are assembled in factories using Robots (really!)

A repair shop does not have the equipment needed to make repairs to motherboards -- so all that can be done is a replacement.

As to drivers, they are unrelated to the earphone jack, but are related to the audio chip that is soldered to the motherboard in your laptop.  Changing drivers is NOT going to accomplish anything.

If you go into Device Manager to disable the driver, that cuts all audio output from the CHIP, so you won't get any audio coming out the speakers.

Your best bet, if you want to contiue Warranty coverage on your laptop, is to have HP do the repairs.

Sorry, but there is nothing we can do from here for you.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation