Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones Not Working When Plugged In

17g-192dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys! I recently purchased a new HP laptop. It's model number 17g-192dx. I tried to use the headphone jack for the first time while on vacation and I hear nothing through the headphones when I plug them in. The audio continues to only play through the laptop speakers. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. This laptop came with the B&O speakers. When I go to sounds in control panel the only driver I see under the playback tab is the "Speakers: Realtek High Definition Audio: default device." I even tried a different pair of headphones thinking maybe mine were bad but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,026 17,550 1,280 1,912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones Not Working When Plugged In

Hello Coug,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are having audio issues with your PC.

To fix the problem, follow these steps.

Go to Control Panel 
click on Hardware and Sound 
click on Sound 
then you devices should come up; speakers, Digital Audio, and headphones
plug your headphones in 
then select headphones 
at the bottom, it will say set as default select default.

If the above settings do not work use the link below to install the latest audio driver.

Realtek High-Definition driver links: http://hp.care/2bPhVsf

After updating the driver if you still have issue it could be the headphone port which has gone bad.

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation