Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones and Speakers playing at the same time

hp 15be015tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought hp15be015tu notebook just a week ago and loaded it with win 10 64 bit. As soon as I try to use headphones, both headphones and speakers start playing at the same time. For that I tried few threads before posting this query but nothing actually worked. Moreover I am not able to find the thread for the sudio drivers from hp.com for this model. Any pointers to solve this issue would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13905 13821 778 898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones and Speakers playing at the same time

@gourav26

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP 15 notebook. I understand that headphones and speakers are playing at the same and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box. 

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for you audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation