WhyWontItWork2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Headphones and speakers work perfectly but sound only comes through the right

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My headphones work perfectly fine as do my laptop speakers. However, no matter what headphones I plug in, I only hear audio through the right side. I checked and both sides are balanced, the headphones are plugged in properly. I troubleshooted and came up with no problems detected. I've restarted my laptop and had no change. The audio isn't set to mono either. I've researched for hours but can't come up for a reason behind the issue. They used to work before but this has only happened within the last 2 months or so.

3 REPLIES 3
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 670
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WhyWontItWork2

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try using a different headphone?

If not try using the different headphone and check if it works fine?

If you are facing the same issue it could be a hardware issue with the laptop.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00833257 for your reference.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
WhyWontItWork2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Raj, I tried the document and I have tested oujt multiple headphones and each time the audio only works in one headphone. I used the headphones in other devices and they worked perfectly. Anything else I could try? 

Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 670
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WhyWontItWork2

Appreciate your efforts,

This could be a hardware issue, I have sent you a private message, for the service option that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation