Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

got earbuds plgged in, but sound still is coming out of the speakers. ive set speakers to default everything, and yes, they are fully plugged in. its really annoying...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello lee522,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand there is sound coming from both the speakers and headphones. To resolve the issue, please try these basic steps:

1. Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
2. Look for the Recording tab.
3. Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK.

If these steps do not work, this Microsoft forum has a few more suggestions: How prevent sound from playing through both headphones and speakers

Please let me know your results. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello lee522,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand there is sound coming from both the speakers and headphones. To resolve the issue, please try these basic steps:

1. Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
2. Look for the Recording tab.
3. Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK.

If these steps do not work, this Microsoft forum has a few more suggestions: How prevent sound from playing through both headphones and speakers

Please let me know your results. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you the problem was fixed when i unnistalled the audio drivers.

Thank You Very Much for Your Help

HP Recommended

Hi I have same problem, in same notebook type..

where I can get the audi driver for windows 7 ? or only uninstall and restart without re-install the driver?

HP Recommended

Hi how are you?

Sir i have HP Elitebook some day ago i have found a issue that when i insert my Headphone in to system then speaker have not voice but also am not able to hear voice in to head phone i have try to changing my headphone but useless , can you please help me now a day am using Windows 10 Pro Insider, If i unplug headphone from system then am able to listen sound Please help me what i can do i have setup it in control panal in the place of sound for many time but useless

Javed Isaac From Pakistan

HP Recommended

Control Panel -> Sound ->Communications -> Mute All other Sound  -> Apply  ->> Ok

Work For me in Windows 10

HP Recommended

First I must say that in my case sound came from both the speakers and headset, which may be your case too but you haven't realized because the sound from speakers is much louder.

In fact the audio device was labeled as "Speakers and Headset" or "Speakers / Headset" or something like that in Windows 10.

What worked for me was a procedure described here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working-properly/m-p/5670785#M76275

I'll paste it down below:

1: go to device manager

2: find sound and game controllers

3:right click on high definition audio device and click update driver software

4:click browse my computer for driver software

5: then click on let me pick from a list of devices on my computer

6: and click on high definition audio device the top one

7: done ! enjoy!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot
It was a nightmare 😞

But it works with your solution after almost one/1 month.

My computer is HP ENVY 27 - Windows 10

I don't know how it happend!!!!

HP Recommended

Mine is also an "HP ENVY 27", btw!

HP Recommended

Many thanks Bro. It worked on a first attempt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.