Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphones plugged in, but speakers are still playing sound

HP Notebook - 15-ac135ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried everything to fix this problem. I plugged my headphones into my laptop, playing music and I can still hear the music through the speakers.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
1071 1010 54 138
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @misspatrice,

Thank you for re-visiting the HP Forums!

I understand that there is audio playing from both your speakers and headphones on your HP 15-ac135ds.

Begin by performing a hard reset. Once the notebook is back on, follow the No Sound from Speakers document which shows you how to use the audio troubleshooter.

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (I know the document says Windows 8 but the steps should be the same for Windows 10)

There is also an accepted resolution to an issue similar to this posted by @SuperMario1 at this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphones-plugged-in-but-speakers-are-still-playing-sou...

After completing these steps I'm sure the audio will be working correctly!

If this information has helped you resolve the issue, click the thumbs up!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Abhinav9 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Control Panel -> Sound ->Communications -> Mute All other Sound  -> Apply  ->> Ok

Work For me in Windows 10

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation