Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
whenever i use my microphone on my laptop, i hear an electronic buzzing sound when i speak. it happens with the internal microphone and also an external microphone.
@bigfote Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting noise while recording.
Please perform the below steps and check.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Set BIOS default and restart:
Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Hello, I reset my bios settings and now I am getting boot device not found error.
Thank you for the update.
In that case, I would suggest you perform the hard drive test.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.
If the test is passed, you have to perform the recovery.
1. Shutdown the computer.
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.
5. Click on Troubleshoot.
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.
Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.
Have a nice day!!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community