Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion x360 14-ba253cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I am having the hp pavillion x360 14-ba253cl i want to know built in mic is present in this model laptop because if i use my headphone the mic is working if i remove the headphones the built in mic is not working. if i am speaking it is not recoding.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ramakb

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have  1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo on the PC. Thus conforms your computer got inbuilt Microphone.

An incorrect setting in Windows could cause microphone issues. Use Windows Sound settings to configure the microphone.

1. Connect the microphone to the computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Sound.

3. Click the Recording tab in the Sound window.

Recording tab in the Sound window

4. In the list of devices, find the microphone that you want to use.

If the microphone is not listed, use the following steps to show disabled and disconnected devices:

1. Right-click an empty area of the Sound window.

2. Click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.

Disabled and disconnected devices shown in the Sound window

3. If the microphone is listed as Currently unavailable or Not plugged in, disconnect it, and then reconnect it to the port.

If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name, and then select Enable.

5. Select the microphone you want to use, and then click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device.

Set Default option in the Sound window

6. With the device still selected, click Properties.

7. In the Properties window, click the Levels tab.

Levels tab

8. If the Mute button  is on, click it to unmute. The volume button should display as a blue speaker icon  .

9. Use the slider bar to raise the volume level to at least 75.

10. If Microphone Boost is available, adjust it to +20.0 dB.

11. Click OK to save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_lake,

When i am using headphones it is working. but without headphone it is not working. I have tested without headphones to record my voice but it didn't worked. could you please let me know i can use the inbuit microphone with out headphones plugin.

HP Recommended

@ramakb

Thank you for posting back. 

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Echo_Lake,

I have updated the drivers still my mic is not working could you please let me know how to install microphone drivers it is not showing properly.

ramakb_0-1601508495687.png

HP Recommended

@ramakb

The troubleshooting tool can fix common problems with audio recording. Follow these steps to use the Troubleshooting tool:

1. In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting.

2. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording, then click Next when the Recording Audio window opens.

Figure : Troubleshoot audio recording

Troubleshoot audio recording
  3. Click Next in the Recording Audio window.

4. Select the device you would like to troubleshoot, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.

Figure : Select device to troubleshoot

Select device to troubleshoot
  5. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo,

I am unable to resolve the issue still i am unable to use inbuilt microphone is there any software to install for the internal microphone drivers separately. because i am unable to find the microphone

ramakb_0-1603844017265.png

HP Recommended

@ramakb

Let's perform Microsoft System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

You can also undo a System Restore if the restore does not resolve the issue or if the issue becomes worse.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.