Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a yellow exclamation mark next to High Definition Audio Device in Device Manager. It says I already have the best driver when I try to update the driver software. FYI, the Realtek one is good. I need to fix the High Definition Audio Device.

My product number is G6R97UA#ABA.

Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, that is exactly what I thought it was in the first place...the Intel HD Audio chip.

Try manually installing the driver I posted as follows.  If you have not deleted the file I posted, go to the device manager and click on the HD audio device needing the driver.

Click on the Driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp72370.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

If you did delete the file, download and run the driver again, close out of the error window and follow the above procedure.

I see the hardware ID you posted as supported in the driver file, so it should work.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall it from Device Manager and then reboot the machine. Normally system can find the right driver and install for you, otherwise re-install it yourself.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, and disabling and re-enabling. I have tried everything I can do. Nothing worked.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at the product specs for your PC, most likely you need to reinstall the Intel HD graphics driver.

If the Realtek HD audio is working, then the other HD audio device is for the Intel HDMI audio chip.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp72370.exe

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

I got this error message when I install the file you provided.

This is what it says when running the Intel Driver Update Utility.

Capture1.PNG

HP Recommended

Please post the hardware ID for the HD Audio Device.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the HD Audio device.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the HD Audio device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

I have 2 line items under hardware ids.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101

HP Recommended

OK, that is exactly what I thought it was in the first place...the Intel HD Audio chip.

Try manually installing the driver I posted as follows.  If you have not deleted the file I posted, go to the device manager and click on the HD audio device needing the driver.

Click on the Driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp72370.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

If you did delete the file, download and run the driver again, close out of the error window and follow the above procedure.

I see the hardware ID you posted as supported in the driver file, so it should work.

HP Recommended

Folowed these instructions and they worked for me, but previously I had installed all latest HP Audio drivers from HP Support

HP Recommended

Thanks paul.. that helped me a lot.. u guys rock

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.