hintoflime
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Horribly distorted audio.

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(Posting again because I never got a real response...)

Hello, after a regular driver update with a program I have used for almost a year now and have never had any problems with (DriverEasy), my audio has been incredibly distorted, to the point where you can't even remotely hear what audio should be playing. Instead, there is loud mechanical sounding garbage coming out of my speakers and playing through my headphones no matter what I try to listen to.

I've tried restarting my device, running the HP Diagnostic wizard for audio. The test came back as 'passed' because the only question it asked was if I could hear sound coming from the speakers, and I said yes (but not good sound!). This seemed to be the only difference in whether or not the test passed/failed, so I assumed this test wasn't going to diagnose my issue.

I have tried going directly to the device manager and downloading new drivers for the Realtek High Definition Audio device and updated those drivers, restarted my computer, and garbage is still blaring out of my speakers.

The audio was working two days ago, and the only thing I've done is update my drivers from that time. PLEASE help, I just want to watch netflix in peace...

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,749 93,406 12,274 26,105
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hintoflime

That probably due to Windows updates. Re-install clean driver should help. Please try

(a) Download the following drivers and swave on your computer (use the FIRST one first😞

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82752.exe

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87034.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
sidhomc
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien @Paul_Tikkanen Do I have to install both or just the first?

Alvarocasas33
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling and making a fresh install on the drivers at least 3 times. I also tried uninstalling the last windows updates, and doig a fresh install on the drivers after that. So far, nothing has solved the issue. I'm still in my warranty period, what should i do?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation