Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some details:

I had trouble keeping it connected at first due to having a metered connection. I turned that off, and it seemed to stay connected.  However, there was no sound. Then it showed that it was connected in the bluetooth options, but in the sound controls, it showed that it was not. I restarted the service,  but nothing happened.

I had tried to make my pc show that it was an available device or available to see if that would help, but it didn't. earlier, i had done that, then turned that off, and the speaker was connected.

Does that option that broadcasts the notebook's name need to remain on? what do i need to do?

i currently have the service stopped since the laptop keeps looking for devices even when bluetooth is off (ever since pairing).  I don't want to do that, and i don't want to keep broadcasting my laptop over bluetooth. 

I am also over a public wifi network. Bluetooth does not seem to work without wifi on my laptop, why is that?

when i had a palm pilot, i could use bluetooth without wifi. on my phone, i can use it without wifi.

Please help me figure out whatever i am missing here. The laptop also sometimes won't let me change whether or not to show it to other devices in order to connect to bluetooth. i just want to connect to the speaker so i can play podcasts and listen to them in another room from itunes. 

i currently am using another thread to try and figure out how to update my bluetooth driver properly.

The speaker is a blackweb blox.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @JoshuaCaleb

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to connect your Bluetooth speaker with your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own. 

Have you tried to connect to the Bluetooth speaker in playback devices?

Firstly, Bluetooth and wireless are on the same card. They both need to be On for you to be able to connect to the Bluetooth speaker. 

You can open device manager by doing a right click on the Windows button. 

Expand network adapters. 

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver. 

Please delete the driver when prompted during uninstall. 

Run HP Support Assistant to install any updated drivers meant for your computer. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated, please restart your computer. 

Follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article to pair your Bluetooth speaker with the computer. 

Once the speaker is paired. 

Do a right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar. 

Select playback devices. 

Right-click on your Bluetooth speaker listed there and click on connect. 

Once you click on connect in playback devices, you should get the audio from your Bluetooth device. 

Please do make sure the Bluetooth device is not paired with any other computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If the speaker i am trying to pair the laptop with is paired to an ipod, but i turn the ipod bluetooth off.

can my laptop bluetooth setting my disabled temporarily once it is paired?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, you can only pair the Bluetooth device with your computer only if the Bluetooth device is not paired with any other device. 

If you are not using Bluetooth you can disable it from the notifications on the bottom right-side of your computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i currently am able to connect the bluetooth device, but there is noise in the speaker. it does not happen when my iphone streams music through the speaker. i only use itunes through windows 10 to listen through my HP laptop through the bluetooth speaker. the last time, i believe it was through the metered connection. 

I think that the first time, i was able to connect in airplane mode finally. However, after i updated the intel bluetooth driver, it was still the same. What might be the cause of this?  I want this to work without the noise. or else the bluetooth connection is useless with audio.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please open device manager, uninstall the audio driver from "Sound, video and game controller". 

Please delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart your computer and install the audio driver from this link and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.