Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
PeterHP1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I input a stereo audio signal to my notebook. The mic input is mono.

HP Notebook - 14-an007au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I input a stereo audio signal to my notebook. The mic input is mono. Is there anyway to reconfigure . I only have one audio port. I have a y splitter to split this port to  audio out (headpohones) and mic input. But the the mic is still only mono.

Any suggestions, is the another type of Y splitter or should I get an external audio card....any help would be great.  

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14031 1326 3146
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PeterHP1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

To do what you want, you need a Line IN jack, not a microphone jack, and if your PC does not have that, you are out of luck.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
PeterHP1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This notebook certainly can input (mic input) I agree I'm probably out of luck. But because my one audio input is probably a 4 pin input/output.  Can I reconfigure it so that the contacts are LH & RH (stereo) instead of in and out?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation