Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15t-ae000
Linux

I'm trying to install bang and olufsen drivers, or HP hd audio driver, as only 2 of the 4 speakers work and the 2 amps don't work in ubuntu 16.04. at the moment only 2 speakers are working the ones at the bottom. Headset works fine, but i never tried the mic. 

here's my sound stuff from the terminal

lspci -v | grep -i audio
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Broadwell-U Audio Controller
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller

I tried to install hda-jack-retask and chose "ALC 3241" and ticked "show unconnected pins" but i'm having trouble mapping because there are so many choices. can someone please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like you trying to put a jet engine to your car and force your car fly like an Airbus A380. But please try

http://askubuntu.com/questions/873881/how-to-install-bang-and-olufsen-audio-drivers-for-hp-laptop

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. But that's not my case. I have the right driver, I need the map/layout so I can manually set rjack to the right speaker/amp.
HP Recommended

Same issue here.

We need mapping to assing channels.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.