Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp hdx x16

need a working tone driver for hdx x16. bass and treble on screen look broken does not work with recent driver installed. need driver that will work with windows 7.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jdmnerds Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I've looked up the product specifications: Click here to verify and I'm afraid the device has reached the end of its support life, hence, there are no drivers available for this model via HP, anymore

The best you can do is either check with 3rd party websites such as driverscape, etc... and see if they have the relevant drivers for your device.

You may want to check if an external speaker or headphones work fine, to be on a safer side, as that would help you determine if this is either a hardware or a mere software/driver issue as you've concluded.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.