Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've been facing this issue for a long time and tried everything (troubleshooting, updating drivers, uninstall and reinstalling driver, virtual agent manual troubleshooting, searching in forums for similar issue etc. etc.) My laptop's sound decreases on it's own and it's really annoying and become so low that I can't hear anything. I have to use headphones or external speaker to listen to any audio. As mentioned above, I've tried everything to solve this issue but it's same. I even updated windows thinking it might solve the issue but of no use. Now, I don't have enhancement tab on sound properties. I have installed the latest driver available on hp website but the issue still exists. The sound volume remains okay for couple of minutes and decreases on it's own even if sound level is "100". I'm attaching the picture of all setting and driver details. Also, on the events tab, it says "requires further installation" and I have no idea what further installation it requires. Please help me fix this issue as I'm facing this for a long time and tried everything but this issue still exists.

Omen 15-dc0xxx Audio Issue.jpg

Regards
Abdul Hannan Tahir
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@atahir 

Please download and perform a clean install the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88501-89000/sp88559.exe

You also need to update HP Audio Switch using:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96765.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your support. I've installed the Intel Chipset before and it solved the issue but then again after few days I faced same issue. For now I've installed it again as you suggested (this is old version of Chipset, I had newer installed and replaced it with this) and sound is okay now. I'll test it for few days and if it's good I'll close the question as solved. Also, I've installed the HP Audio Switch from the link you have given, but unfortunately when I try to open the "Audio Control settings", it doesn't open the settings. Please see the picture below for your reference, it doesn't give any error or something, it just doesn't open anything.

Omen 15-dc0xxx HP Audio Switch Issue.jpg

Regards
Abdul Hannan Tahir
HP Recommended

We had the same issue.  The hardware volume button on the side of the laptop was stuck.  Never knew there was one there.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help @Vnnjk but my Omen doesn't have any volume key on any side.

Regards
Abdul Hannan Tahir
HP Recommended

As I mentioned before, sound issue was resolved and now again sound starts to decrease on its own. Volume is full but sound is very low. Please let me know if there is any other way to solve this issue. It's really irritating and frustrating. Thanks

Regards
Abdul Hannan Tahir
HP Recommended

Have exactly same issue. tried to install drivers - no help after few days issue is back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.