Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-dh1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My new (>6 month) old HP omen laptop speakers have stopped working, I've tried all the typical fixes e.g. uninstall/re-install audio drivers, check the correct sound is selected etc. I went through the BIOS component check and there was no audio at all on the audio test, however, when I use headphones via the audio jack it works so I think the internal speaker may be broken due to either a faulty part or lose connection. I may have to send it back/ request a fix.... any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

same here!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you try to perform audio verification via HP support assistant?

It could also be related to hardware issue, I mean, maybe there is something wrong with the jack port, it could detect hearphones pluged in iven if it's not the case. It could explain why it works with earphones but not without...

For software issues, if you've tried updates from :

-the device manages,

-hp support assistant

-hp website

and if there's nothing in bios, I have no idea 

HP Recommended

Hi Hordrist, 

I've tried numerous fixes found online and followed the entire hp support assistant repair guide none of which works and I've reset the BIOS to defaults. The headphone port never gets used (other than to test if the drivers were working after the error occurred). As there is no sound when I run the hp component checker it must either be a hardware issue with the actual speaker or headphone jack as you say, sadly I think both of these will require sending it to get fixed under warranty

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.