cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Hp laptop g 62 powers on caplock blinks wifi botton light on screen dont light

HP Recommended
Hp pavillion g 62 power on caplock blinks wifi indicator remains on but screen stays off (black). What might be the problem and solution? pls help.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,293
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like your Notebook has a blinking/flashing CAPSLOCK light and a blank screen all the time

Please read the below shown information for better understanding:

Capslock LED Blink 1 time : CPU not functional - Replace Processor

Capslock LED Blink 2 times : BIOS Corruption failure - Replace System board 

Capslock LED Blink 3 times : Memory error not functional - Replace Memory Module

Capslock LED Blink 4 times : Graphics controller not functional - Replace either System board or Graphics card

Capslock LED Blink 5 times : General System board failure - Replace System board

Capslock LED Blink 6 times : BIOS Authentication failure - Replace System board

However, I would request with you to perform the below shown step before contacting HP

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button on the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Test your Notebook with Battery and Power Adapter alone

Note: If you are still facing the same issue try to remove and reseat the Memory Modules of your Notebook

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No good. The caplock bottom still contineously blinking and screen remains dead. Help pls.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hp g 62 charging port indicator no longer comes on. Help. Cause and solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,293
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response

According to the message you have recently posted I would like to confirm that this is a hardware issue and I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am  not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My hp 2000 notebook pc didn't recognize my hard drive. I replaced the drive but there was no good. This is the message that appeared on the screen "Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your drive, Hard Disk (3FO)". Please help.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation