Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PLEASE somebody help, theres an speaker then you see a red x, what do i do to fix this 

PLEASE RESPOND

my computer is a HP pavion g7 notebook Pc

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I NEED MY AUDIO

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the Sound driver and install it then restart the unit.

Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

Just visit HP website and download the driver for your unit.

Downloading updated drivers from the Internet

To download the latest version of drivers and software files from the HP Support site:

1. Refer to: http://www.hp.com/support

2. Select your country/region.

3. Select Download Drivers and Software.

4. Enter the model number of your Notebook. The software download pages for your Notebook are displayed.

5. Download and install the driver and software files by following the instructions on the download pages.

6. Ensure that your system meets the requirements.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

when i type in my model, 96 answers come back

which one is it!

HP Recommended

And don't want to restore computer because all of my things go away and have to resinstall all my games etc, so please just help me get my sound back :C

HP Recommended

Hi

Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the Sound driver and install it then restart the unit.

How to find all Windows 7 audio and graphic drivers for specific model on HP sites?

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. In search box type your laptop product number (p/n).

Resource:

How to Locate the Notebook p/n

3. Choose ' Next '.

4. Click ' Software & Driver Downloads '.

5. Use the dropdown selector to select correct operation system and click ' Next '. Choose:

● ' Microsoft Windows Vista ' if you are using Windows 7 32 bit

or

● ' Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit) ' if you are using Windows 7 64 bit.

6. Click the sign next to your Audio or Graphic driver. Newest release of drivers are listed first , but not always the best solution. Previous and

Sometimes better working drivers are on the next page, found by clicking on ' (Previous versions available) ' link. You will be taken to a page

with list of all drivers starting from newest to oldest.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.