Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x 360

This is not happening after updates, it is completely random. ihave managed to get it working on occasions but it never lasts

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This problem is a recurring event, i can restore them but it never lasts. My son-in-law has the same problem and has the same laptop

HP Recommended

@Harry89 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with a headphone.

Check those headphones with an alternate device such as a Smartphone, laptop, etc... 

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device. 

To do this, please see the steps below: 

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box. 

• Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options. 

• Next, under the Playback tab, right-click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available. 

• Select Headphones and enable 

To Increase the volume on your headphone: 

Method 1 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Click the Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones. 

Method 2 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Go to Playback devices and right-click Headphones under Playback. 

• Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.