Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15-j171
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Since I updated to window 10 the beat sound is very low and cannot get it to the reguar volume. On the HP page there is no solution, it does not even list the corresponing sound driver so I could download it. Need HELP

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 IDT audio driver on your notebook's support page has the beats audio software included.

Install and restart the PC...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

No Paul, it did not worked. I tried before you told me, but decided to give it another try. This is really awful that I cannot have the sound on my laptop.

HP Recommended

Sorry that simply reinstalling the driver didn't work.

Time to call in the cavalry.

@DavidPK :  Here is another puzzle for you if you don't mind.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen I'll certainly have a go :generic:

@LuisJai

Try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63407.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63408.exe

When the Chipset reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and let windows fully load for a few minutes.

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, check if the Beats icon is present - if it is, open the Beats settings panel and check that it's enabled.  See if there's any improvement in the audio.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hello David,

I followed very carefully your suggestion not to miss any details and still the same, no change in the sound of the speakers. Sound is fine on headphones but still very low volume in the speakers, the volume is set at 100 but nothing yet.

I know this has a simple solution, it happened twice before and I followed the recommendation from someone on the forum and it worked. It was so simple that I made the mistake not to write it down.

The speakers are fine because when I run iTunes, the volume coming out is great, as it should've always been.

So, I am still trying to find an answer.

HP Recommended

People, I myself found a solution (very simple) to restore beats audio on my HP Envy 15 after searching the web and many sites for several days. The solution is very simple. You can check it in "TECH TheInfiniteInfo" solution no beats audio in windows 10. From there I transcribe the following:

1) I tried their solution 1 and it did not work. I tried solution 2 and worked inmediately

2) Solution for HP Envy Notebook Models and other Notebooks

STEPS:

1) Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time/date of your notebook

2) Click Playback Devices

3) Click Speakers

4) Click Properties

5) Click the Advanced tab on the Prperties windows

6) Change the default Format drop-down to the highest quality 192000 Hz

7) Click apply and restart the Notebook

When it restarted, I went to any video on Youtube to try it, and at the left bottom of the youtube window, make sure the speaker sound is all the way to the right, to the max volume.

I am back...

HP Recommended

You can also try a much simpler solution without reinstalling any more drivers.

On the previous solution that  I posted, I went back and reset the default - original - Format drop-down to "16 bit-48000 Hz (DVD Quality)", restarted the laptop and it worked fine (See the steps indicated below). So basically I did not need this solution.

After I restarted it, I went to any video on Youtube to try it and it worked.

Make sure the speaker sound is all the way to the right, to the max volume of the youtube window.

2) Previous solution that I posted for HP Envy Notebook Models and other Notebooks

STEPS:

1) Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time/date of your notebook

2) Click Playback Devices

3) Click Speakers

4) Click Properties

5) Click the Advanced tab on the Properties windows

6) Change the default Format drop-down to the highest quality 192000 Hz

7) Click apply and restart the Notebook

When it restarted, I went to any video on Youtube to try it, and at the left bottom of the youtube window, make sure the speaker sound is all the way to the right, to the max volume.

I am back...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.