Fluffy11 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've used headphone/mike combo with input & output in my HP Pavilion laptop in Dragon- it works, but

HP Pavilion with Beats Audio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've used a headphone/mike combo that came with my Dragon software and has an input and an output jack with my HP Pavilion laptop and the microphone jack works just fine and Dragon types out the words I say just fine, but.... when I try to use this mike headset in Windows Movie Maker to record my narration and my video at the same time, the mike doesn't work and there is no sound at all in the video. I also tried using the mike directly with the camera in record mode, but it still doesn't record a sound. Movie maker has a better picture so Iprefer to use it, but what kind of mike will give me the input I need. Hope it 's cheap - can't afford much.  Wish I could get my headphones to work - works well in Dragon.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've used headphone/mike combo with input & output in my HP Pavilion laptop in Dragon- it works, but

Hi @Fluffy11,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the microphone does not record sound. 

Please follow the document below for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 8)

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation