3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

DM1 1010sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Think I may have put this question in the wrong place so putting it here now

I have for many years used my Dm1 notebook as the scource of the backing tracks I use when playing my Tenor Sax in live situations--output to a PA

Use Band in a Box to create the backing tracks and use the setting in the IDT HD audio control panel to set the equaliser

All worked perfectly until I upgraded to windows 10

Now when I open the IDT control panel all the presets are missing and I am just left with the " Custom " option but it wont actually remember and settings I try to save in " Custom"

Tried contacting IDT--refer to HP was the reply

Tried going on HP support and getting it to scan my DM1 for any issues--" there was an errors in trying to scan your pc "  try windows updates

It may seem minor to some but this has been my backing band when I play live gigs so its important to me

If anyone could help I would be most grateful

Regards

Phil

I

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

Hi @Philsaxophone,

Thank you for posting at forums! I have read your post about IDT control panel losing and  not keeping the custom settings. I want to help.

It seems like a driver issue with the Windows 10 upgrade. You may try the compatibility mode of the old driver like the last part of this document: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Or you may consider going back to Windows 7:

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 (last section of this link)

Let me know if I answered your question by click on the "thumb up" at the bottom right.

Keep me posted of the proceed. 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Philsaxophone Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

I now have sorted my problem although by a very strange method

If I open the IDT contriol panel from the main icon in my main windows 10 control panel I still have the problem where all the presets are missing

However there is now a small IDT control panel icon on the taskbar

If I left click on that to open it again I get the problem, BUT, if I right click it then I get an option called " Open Music Mini Panel"--if I left click on that option I get a small version of just the equaliser section of the main IDT control panel and all the presets are there and it remembers what I set etc.

I have tried to find that in my software to create a shortcut on the desktop but am not able to

Nevertheless I can now use the presets using this method

Its very odd buit I can now use my notebook for playing my backing tracks in a live situation again

P

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

Hi @Philsaxophone,

Glad to hear that you find a way to make it work again. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Have a good day!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
braxx20 Tutor
Tutor
26 15 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

I cannot access this in Windows 10.The icon is displayed but nothing happens. I tried in compatability mode for W 8 but no luck either. I get message that the program is incompatable with both.  I really NEED this!!

0 Kudos
SimpleWorld Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDT Control Panel

My laptop's audio and BeatsAudio was also not working, someone shared this video on my post and it worked for me

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJnjqE0-avQ

Subscribe my channel for more videos, tricks and entertainment
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation