Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-05-2022 04:01 PM
Brand new HP 14 RYZEN 3 8GB 128GB switched on today, followed all the set up instructions for home use (Windows 11s) but cannot get the inbuilt mic to work properly for MS Teams - on a test call, there was some scratchy, poor quality very low volume (other party could barely hear me) and "test the mic" in Settings doesn't seem to do anything either. The various settings are enabled (allow mic for apps etc) including the MyHP Assistant (mic and sound both ticked). Am at a loss to know what to do - really urgent as required for important meeting on Wed 7/9, so any help welcomed.
09-20-2022 12:03 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that the microphone is not working, I am glad to assist you.
Follow these steps to fix the issue:-
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community