Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new spectre x360 15" 2020 edition, and from the beginning I have had sound issues with the in-built speakers and mic, and many audio peripherals I connect.

Around 50% of the time the audio works as expected, other times the speakers and mic don't work. In the sound settings the laptop can see that audio is coming from the programs, but the speakers don't play anything. I have also had many issues recording audio with many microphones I connect to the laptop. A few days ago I also had issues with the mute speaker and mute microphone buttons,  they didn't light up when pressed even though the function worked.

The audio issues get resolved with seemingly arbitrary changes in settings. Once I reverted the audio driver and reinstated the latest one and that fixed it. A few days ago I had the issues again and disabling the device and enabling fixed the issue for the time being.

This issue keeps re-occurring, always when I switch to a different program or close and reopen the laptop.

I've ran both the HP Support audio troubleshooter and Windows own troubleshooter, both believe the hardware has no issues. I've also updated the BIOS and that didn't have an effect on the issue.

I have followed this thread as it seems to be a similar problem to mine: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-coming-out-of-Spectre-x360/td-p/7093473

However the F2 audio test passed for me as the sound was working at the time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.