Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion – 15-cx0904 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Brand new notebook, model number HP Gaming Pavilion – 15-cx0904 CTO, used it for a few weeks.

Increasingly the internal loudspeakers have stopped working.  At first, I noted that the sound sometimes disappeared when resuming video playback after pausing. Only a restart of the computer would mend that. Now I find that the sound disappears midway through a playback without having done anything special, and then returns randomly only to go away again. My wife uses the computer more than I, so there could be more to know about the exact apps or web pages where it happens most often.

HP PC Diagnostics Windows 1.6.1.0 says the Audio Playback Test fails with error code 0QA9W2-9QE9RT-XD7XHF-21TU13. This happens every time I try.  

In Windows Device Manager, it says I've got the drivers for Realtek Audio version 6.0.8742.1 from 2019-06-25, factory installation done 2019-09-29. Driver update says I've got the best drivers already. 

HP Support Assistant's Audio Check 1.3.0.6 says No Issues Found for every item, then I press Test Audio, no sound, I press Unable to hear Audio and get the drivers restored, to no avail.
One strange thing is that the Realtek driver is listed no less than five times in the list of audio drivers. Same version everywhere. Two of them have status Unplugged, one is Enabled and two are Enabled and noted as Default Speaker and Default Microphone, respectively.

Additional drivers (listed as Unplugged in HP Support Assistant): 
- NVIDIA High Definition Audio, nvhda64v.sys version 1.3.38.16, listed 2 times
- Jabra Move v2.5.0 Hands-Free AG Audio (wireless headphones), BthHfAud.sys, version 10.0.18362.1, listed 2 times
- Jabra Move v2.5.0 Stereo, BthA2dp.sys, version 10.0.18362.356

Also, when I bring up the notebook's specifications in HP Support Assistant, one more audio device is listed as Enabled:

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM), nvvad64v.sys, 4.13.0.0

Can anyone make something of that? 

The nifty support finder thingies of the HP Support web pages don't seem to work as they don't list any authorized HP Service Centers in Sweden, which is ridiculous given the millions of HP devices installed around here. Any help in finding the appropriate place to contact would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gnagelram,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
  2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter. 

You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start  > Settings > System  > Sound  > Troubleshoot.

If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update   > Check for updates.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip. 
    • If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now
  3.  Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
  4.  Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.

If that didn't solve your problem, continue to the next tip.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select it from the results.
  2. Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound.
  3. On the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device, and then select Properties.
  4. On the Enhancements tab, select either the Disable all enhancements or the Disable all sound effects check box (depending on which option you see), select OK, and try to play your audio device.
  5.  If that doesn't work, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select either the Disable all enhancements or the Disable all sound effects check box (depending on which option you see), select OK, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

If turning off audio enhancements doesn't help, see the next sections for additional troubleshooting.

1.  In the search box on the taskbar, type services, then select it from the results.
  2. Select each of the following services, right-click, and then select Restart:
    • Windows Audio
    • Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.