11-11-2019 02:21 PM - edited 11-11-2019 02:40 PM
Also, when I bring up the notebook's specifications in HP Support Assistant, one more audio device is listed as Enabled:
11-14-2019 08:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.
You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start > Settings > System > Sound > Troubleshoot.
If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Do one of the following:
- If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip.
- If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now.
- Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
- Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.
If that didn't solve your problem, continue to the next tip.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select it from the results.
- Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound.
- On the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device, and then select Properties.
- On the Enhancements tab, select either the Disable all enhancements or the Disable all sound effects check box (depending on which option you see), select OK, and try to play your audio device.
- If that doesn't work, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select either the Disable all enhancements or the Disable all sound effects check box (depending on which option you see), select OK, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
If turning off audio enhancements doesn't help, see the next sections for additional troubleshooting.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type services, then select it from the results.
- Select each of the following services, right-click, and then select Restart:
- Windows Audio
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee