5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal Microphone not working properly

Pavilion dv7-6135dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello there!

I have been having issues with my internal microphone where it makes a loud noise on the other side  when I'm talking on skype. It has been like that since I got my computer and I had to buy an external one and then the issue was gone. External ones tend to break over time so I want to get the issue with the internal one fixed. I found an old thread ( http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/internal-microphone-not-working-properly/m-p/2158281#M30... ) In which the user had the same problem and he fixed the issue with the document he was provided with. Trying to open the link inside the thread now does not lead me to a document with steps that explain how to fix it, so i was wondering if anyone here knew where to find the same document or how to fix the issue.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal Microphone not working properly

Hi @Desco,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that you are experiencing an issue with the internal microphone. You have had this issue since you purchased the notebook and until now you have been using an external microphone, but they break over time. You would like to resolve this issue and be able to utilize the internal one. You did find a thread where someone else had this issue and it was resolved, but the link on that post does not work now.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link I think may help. HP PCs - Resolving Microphone and Line-in Problems (Windows 7).

Please let me know the outcome.

To express appreciation for my post please click the “Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation