Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Issue with the 3.5mm audio output sound

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Envy x360 - 15T Touch
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop is a customized laptop with i7 processor with 2gb discrete graphic card.

The problem I am experiencing with this particular model is with the 3.5mm audio output. Everytime, I plug in an external earphone it makes a sound that is really loud like a static dischage of some sort and if I were to pause the sound for a while and resume again it again makes that sound. Also, it makes the sound when I open other websites with graphics like youtube etc. I have tried it with different earphone and headphones and the results are the same. However, there is no such sound when playing audio on the internal speackers of the computer. It's only with the 3.5mm audio. I have reinstalled drivers and also factory reset the computer and the problem still exists. I sent the first laptop back and re-ordered the same model which I just got it today and this one has the same problem. I have a feeling that its the audio card/graphic card used in this particular model. I absolutely love the design and performance of this computer but I think I am going to have to send this back as well because I use the earphones a lot and I really can't take the nuisance that is that crazy sound it makes when I have my plugged in my earphones and dealing with audio. I consider myself realy lucky that I had the volume on the lower end and even then the sound was so loud.

Wondering if anyone out there is experiencing similiar problems and were able to fix theirs. I would hate to send this computer back again because it takes another 2 weeks to get a customized laptop from HP. Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (257 Views)

Re: Issue with the 3.5mm audio output sound

Hi @Arniko,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your Audio not working correctly after updating to Windows 10. Here is a link to help resolve the speakers and sound not working correctly.

The link to using the Windows troubleshooting tool is the best for this situation.

You could also try.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality 192000 Hz.
7. Click Apply. Restart the Notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

What is the brand of headphones you are using?

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue. I found out that this is caused by the SoundCard going into power saving mode (when you pause for a while, for example). So far I got no answer at all about this. However I installed another driver and temporarily it somewhat fixes the issue but obviously I would like a PERMANENT SOLUTION FROM HP to this issue after paying hundreds of pounds for a product.

My post where you will find my temporary solution:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crack-sound-headphones-power-management-issue/td-p/54382...

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

Hey @ze2000100,

Here is a link that shows you how to change options in Figure 19 of the link  allowing hybrid sleep. This shows you what is allowed to sleep and the settings.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 5 of 5 (163 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation