Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO

I AM LOOKING FOR NOTEBOOK AUDIO DRIVERS FOR HP 1040 G1. AS PER THE REPLIES BY EXPERTS OF THE SAME QUESTION THE SUGGESTED DRIVER I:E  SP71886 IS NOT COMPATIBLE. AS ON INSTALLING THE SAME GET AN ERROR

"THE HARDWARE DETECTED IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE IDT SOFTWARE PACKAGE. THE INSTALL WILL BE ABORTED."

AS OF NOW ITS IS WORKING ON HIGH AUDIO DEFINITION DRIVERS WHICH GIVES OUT VERY VERY LOW SOUND.

THE HARDWARE ID FOR THE SOUND CHIP IS

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C213E&REV_1003

KINDLY PROVIDE THE DRIVER FOR THE SAME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

TEAM RENTOPC

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no W10 audio drivers for that model.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W8.1 IDT audio driver and see if it works...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59852.exe

If you get the unsupported audio error when trying to install the driver, see if manually installing it works...

Go to the device manager, click on the IDT audio device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk,and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp59852\WDM\Vista\STWRT64 (setup information file), click Next, and see if the driver installs that way.

That would be the only other suggestion I can offer.

HP Recommended

HELLO THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I TRIED INSTALLING IT BUT NO LUCK AS IT SAYS HARDWARE NOT COMPATIBLE AND EVEN LOCATING THE DEVICE VIA DEVICE MANAGER TO THE DOWNLOADED DRIVER DIDNT WORKED OUT WELL.. ANY OTHER CLUE AS I REALLY CANT DIGEST THAT SUCH A NICE LAPTOP SOUND CHIP DOESN'T SUPPORT WINDOWS 10.

TRUST ME I AM A SELLER OF COMMERCIAL REFURBISH PRODUCT IN INDIA AND THIS IS THE MOST PREMIUM LAPTOP I HAVE IN 4TH GENERATION. BUT REALLY UNACCEPTABLE THAT THE SOUNDCHIP DOESN'T SUPPORT WINDOWS 10.

THANKS

KAPIL AGGARWAL

TEAM RENTOPCDOTCOM

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.