11-16-2010 02:29 PM
I have a Hp dv4 and I'm having a problem with my speakers working. On the area above the keyboard, I have a mute button and a slide button to adjust the volume. Normally the mute button is white signifying that the mute function is off, and orange if mute is on. Well currently it is stuck in orange which is supposed to be muted but i can tap the button and it wont change color but in the notification area it shows the switching between mute and unmute every time i touch the button. The laptop speakers wont work, but if i plug in headphones or my desktop speakers into the 3.5mm jack i can hear sound, but the sound is not as clear and in as much depth as it used to be when I'd plug it in. What is the problem? I really need my speakers working, so if anybody has an idea please let me know. Thanks
01-02-2011 09:02 PM
fixed it finally. must reinstall audio driver from following site:
hope this helps
10-12-2012 09:20 AM
Poorboy's link is correct, if you are having these issues. There a catch, You do not just do the automatic update, You have to scroll down and manually select the specific driver (you'll know its right, bc it will prompt you for computer restart), select the Audio file (should be the 1st one on the list) reinstall this driver, no need to uninstall old, and then when the computer starts back up this particular issue will be fixed. Thanks Poorboy, this had been driving me crazy! nice fix.
08-08-2014 04:33 PM - last edited on 03-07-2017 04:56 PM by OscarFuentes
Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!
I will definitely assist you with the computer sound issues. Before anything else is done, please make sure you try every step in this thread: Troubleshooting Guide: Audio does not Work after a Certain Period of Time
If every step does not help, please provide the following information:
1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your notebook product number
2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
3. Does this occur on certain programs, or all programs?
4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?
5. What steps have been attempted from my first post on this thread, and what were the results?