Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hey, thanks for the response. i sat on chat support for 2 hours last night. downloaded files for sound an video still wasnt fixed. my hubby has the same thing with his lappy we bought the same thing same time. they want me to send them in. have a service ticket number an chat id # SHM brand new outta the box an it has these problems .... po # c2n47ua#aba   got better ideas?? after looking around the net it seems to be a common problem with other brands also.

HP Recommended

@BrianWorms,

Does the issue also occur with headphones being inserted?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

with or without headphones still the same

HP Recommended

@BrainWorms,

I would like you access the BIOS menu and check your current version of firmware. The image below will show you where it's located. Once you are done that press F9 to load the default settings and then repress F10 to save and exit.

If the chat support already had you do this, you don’t have to try it again, but I would you like you to find out your current BIOS version.

How to access the BIOS menu

1. Turn off your computer and locate the F10 key on the top of the keyboard.
  2. Turn the computer on and immediately start tapping the F10 key.
  3. If successful you should be on the bios setup utility screen.
  4. Press F9 to load the defaults
  5. Press F10 to save and exit

When you get back to the main screen test out the sound.

G6 Bios.PNG

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

f.26

HP Recommended

@BrainWorms, 

After resetting the defaults did that make any difference? 

Thanks

HP Recommended
still the same
HP Recommended

@ BrianWorms, 

So that I don't have you repeat anything, if you recall can you tell me a little of what the chat support had you do. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

video jerks or freezes for split second an sound makes a buzz noise for jus as long during a normal length movie it could happen 3-4 times. has since the day we took them both outta the boxes

HP Recommended
downloaded a file for hd sound codec an video update driver both files bigger then 80mbs
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.