Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0036nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Speakers sound very low on my new HP Omen 17 Bang and Olufsen laptop. Tried updating drivers, removing current drivers and letting Windows try sorting it out automatically; still the sound is much lower than on my girlfriends Spectre 13, for instance. If we put the same youtube video on; her speakers completely drown mine out. Is this normal, if no, how do I fix this? I would think Bang & Olufsen speakers on a gaming device should have a bit more oomph. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: typos

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@AliErali Welcome to HP Community!

I reviewed your post and understand that the volume of speakers is too low.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left-click the default device once to highlight it (it’s usually 'speakers & headphones’) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and test.

If the issue still persists, please rollback the drivers and check.

Also, check for any updates pending on the windows update as well as HP support assistance drivers update. If any updates are pending, please update.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Came here to ask this same question. Exceptionally quiet speakers no matter what I do. Seems like a setting must be incorrect somewhere. Tried the option suggested here and there was no change.

HP Recommended

@Mattaui Welcome to HP Community!

Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar notification area. Select sound. Select the playback tab, double click on speakers, select level tab in speaker properties click on balance. Now adjust the sliders as you wish.

Also, disable all sound effects.

If you still facing the same issue, please get back to us with screenshots of the sound settings. It will help to troubleshoot.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you!

I do not have the "Enhancements" tab. I have rolled back and re-updated my drivers and still without result..

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you, I do not have the "Enhancements" tab.

HP Recommended

@AliErali Try Enabling Audio Related Services on Windows 10

1. It is quite possible that the audio-related services may have been stopped or disabled on your Windows 10. This may end up causing a missing microphone enhancement tab in the microphone properties,
  2. Open Windows Services
  3. Head over to the “Windows Audio”
  4. Double click on the service and go to the “General” tab
  5. Click on the “Startup Type” button and select “Automatic” from the drop-down.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI, this is already the case.

HP Recommended

Just got this laptop and I am having the same issue. Don't expect these issues on day one when you spend close to £2000 on a laptop 😕

HP Recommended

Still having this issue myself, now on two different laptops (returned another for unrelated reasons). Otherwise really love it and I generally don't use the speakers, but still, it's odd that they seem to be so quiet no matter what.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.