Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb002nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all!

I contact the community and technical support because I've an audio problem with my notebook HP Pavilion Power.

I've Bose Free Soundsport headphones and I pair it to my notebook with bluetooth.

It work but I've a problem of audio latency with all my programs (0.5-0.8 seconds delay).

Someone know how I can solve this problem please?

I tried several solutions like update drivers, stop and run it, uninstall drivers and reinstall them (bleutooth, realtek, ethernet wifi) and nothing work...

Thank you in advance

Nierl62

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

UP please

HP Recommended

@Nierl62

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists please perform a Reset https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks to help me 🙂

I ' ve already installed HP Support Assistant and all my drivers are up to date, bluetooth too.

I think is one problem of codec bluetooth but I'm not sure.

At this moment I can't do a reset, I'm sorry.

Exist one driver exclusive for my model HP Pavilion Power?  I'm sure is one problem of driver.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the Drivers from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Wireless Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Bluetooth driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

- Open Device Manager, right-click the Bluetooth driver and select Uninstall. Restart your Notebook and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to reinstall the bluetooth driver like you said but nothing is changed. I hear always audio latency of 0,8 second.

Maybe there isn't a solution to my problem but that is strange 😞

HP Recommended

As a last resort you could try a Reset https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289 but if the issue persists you might have to wait for further Windows updates once Microsoft release the same

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't find the solution but I think know the problem. It's codec bluetooth SBC selected by default on Windows 10.

My Bose Free Soundsport works with AAC and SBC codecs. I would like configure Audio Bluetooth Codec on Windows 10 but it's impossible.

It seem very strange that on Windows 10 is impossible configuring bluetooth codec deeply.

I don't make a Reset of Windows 10 because I found drivers, precisely them:

Intel 8260 Bluetooth Audio Application (WBS/APTX) and Intel 7265/3165/7260/3160 Bluetooth Audio Application (WBS/APTX) on www.dell.com dated of 2015.

You think exist a solution? Thanks again for your help and I ask to HP community to write here. It can help some people

HP Recommended

@Nierl62

Usually, in Windows the audio and the video players that you use install the required codec and there is no option to change or modify these codecs. I recommend you use an audio player that uses the AAC codec and test.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok I understand. It's sad that Windows has this limitation. On Android is possible change bluetooth codec from Developer Options.

I wait to receive one adapter usb Bluetooth 5.0 and test with it. I will give news.

Thanks for your support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.