Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion cx0006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0006tx, its only 5 weeks old, and I have noticed that the left speaker has a distortion that either makes a clicking noise when the sound is low or I get a system sound as the clicking lasts longer than the actual sound, or if I do a speaker check on just the left and alter the volume, I can hear that the sound "wobbles," that is the best way I can describe it. The right speaker is producing nice clear audio. This issue isnt coming though my headphones, that also really nice and clear.

I don't think the issue is new, I was actually a little disappointed with the audio quality but hadn't played enough til now to realise it was actually a fault.

I have done quite a bit of reading and troubleshooting:

I have tried audio troubleshooting, reinstalling my audio drives, downgrading them, running an audio test in HP PC Hardware DIagnostics, and running full on Hardware Diagnostics system tests, both fast and extensive

So far nothing i have tried has detected any issues or fixed it so I think there is something else going on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shado85,

If the steps I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware malfunction and you may want to contact support to have the device repaired.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Shado85,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette wrote:

@Shado85,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

Both were up to date but a reinstall has not changed the quality of the sound out of that left speaker. Do you recommend anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@Shado85,

If the steps I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware malfunction and you may want to contact support to have the device repaired.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help 🙂

HP Recommended

@Shado85,

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.